After such a dark week, I thought we should do something to spread a little kindness & cheer. Tis (almost) the season, after all – so the perfect time for a little Christmas Gift Exchange.
For anyone who’s never participated in an online exchange before, it works exactly like a ‘Secret Santa’, except the gifts travel all across the world to meet their recipients. You’ll find out their username, so you can cyber-stalk them to figure out what they’re into and send a really great pressie. Or if you’re short on time, just place an order online and send it direct! Everyone should send and receive one gift, and hopefully will make a new insta-friend or two along the way. Sounds good, right?
some simple rules:
- Open worldwide
- Aim for around a £15 / US $20 spending limit, including postage. Handmade gifts are welcome too!
- Get proof of postage. If your gift gets lost in transit, you might need to show this.
- Don’t be a flake. If you sign up, commit to sending.
- The focus is on giving & connecting, so pour your energy into that. What can you send to make somebody’s day?
- Be sure to add your Instagram username to your profile on the exchange site, & include it somewhere in your parcel, too, so the recipient knows who to thank!
- Feel free to invite your online friends to join in too, by signposting them to this post. I’m calling it an ‘instagram’ exchange, but bloggers, twitter-folk and all the rest are welcome too 🙂
- Hashtag any posts you want to share with #theinstaexchange to spread the festive fun.
a few mailable gift ideas:
a sweet-scented candle // gorgeous hand cream // pretty hair clips // a favourite paperback // a lovely notebook // a handy pouch // some origami // a factual tote bag // a Christmas decoration // some hand-written recipes // your favourite tea // something you made
If you can’t afford to join in right now, don’t despair. As long as this one’s a success, I’ll launch another sometime in the New Year.
I think that’s everything! Head over to sign up now – registration closes 1st December. Any questions or thoughts, just leave a comment below! Happy Christmas! 😉