“it helps you make meaningful, intentional decision that should last a lot longer than fashion”
Fiona Humberstone empowers entrepreneurs to create powerful brands. A bestselling author and fearless entrepreneur, we met, somewhat randomly, on a ship in the Thames earlier this summer, where I was struck by her insight, enthusiasm and warmth. I called her up to give us all a crash course in branding, colour psychology and what it can offer our creative work and businesses.
Things we talk about in this episode:
- What people expect, experience and remember about your business/work (i.e., your brand!)
- The power of being intentional about your branding
- Separating yourself, and your personal likes & dislikes, from your business brand
- The power of colour psychology – and why it’s *nothing* to do with colour-me-beautiful etc!
- Building a brand that lasts
- What colour psychology Fiona sees in my branding, and what I could change (and do change as a result!)
- How colour psychology and branding can influence our wider lives
- Common pitfalls we make in our branding
- Why expectations are higher for small businesses than larger
- Why & how Fiona decided to self-publish her books
- Getting out of your own way to get stuff done
Links from this episode:
- How to Style your brand, Fiona’s first book
- Fiona’s post on colour psychology
- Brand Brilliance, Fiona’s second book
- Morgan Parsons, my graphic designer
- Fiona’s Colour Psychology course. Get £20 off with code MEANDORLA before October 31st
Get podcast notifications
Want to get an email reminder when a new episode is up? Just pop your email address in the box below.
Finally, here are the screenshots I mention for the changes to my site: