“In order to get anyone to read my recipes or my thoughts, it was important to have an appealing image.”
This week I talk to Venice-based food writer and blogger Skye McAlpine. Skye’s first cookbook, ‘A Table In Venice’ came out last month, and represents years of work developing her skills as a cook, writer and photographer through her blog and Instagram account. We unpack the process of writing a book, teaching yourself photography and creating the perfect Sunday lunch.
Things we talk about in this episode:
- Getting started in blogging and Instagram
- Growing an Instagram following
- Teaching yourself photography when you lack confidence in your skills
- Discovering a community who shares your passion
- Growing a social media following to get published
- The analogue joy of cookbooks
- Using an online audience as a focus group
- Working with editors, and receiving feedback
- Balancing parenthood with work
Links mentioned in this episode:
Get podcast notifications
Want to get an email reminder when a new episode is up? Just pop your email address in the box below.
* indicates an affiliate link, where I receive a small amount of commission for clicks and sales at no extra cost to you.