My guest this week has spent ten years researching writing, and the psychology of happiness. Author and Academic Megan C Hayes believes the two can be firmly intertwined, and has developed a framework – the Positive Journal® approach – to help anyone pick up a pen and start feeling more positive. In this episode we explore her background online, the psychology and neuro-science behind writing your heart out, and how it can all come together to make magical things unfold.
Things we talk about in this episode:
- Megan’s old blog Charade Style, and how I first discovered her online nearly a decade ago
- Dream style, refining your interests and following your heart
- Megan’s career and research into writing and happiness
- The parallels between Instagram and journal writing
- Gratitude journaling, and all the other positive emotions this leaves out
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Megan’s book, Write Yourself Happy: the art of positive journaling
- Want to get an email reminder when a new episode is up? Just pop your email address in the box below.