In a slightly different format this week, I’m delving into the process behind writing my book – how it came about, what obstacles presented along the way, and how I’ve gone about marketing it now that it’s done. I also read from one of the first essays I wrote for Hashtag Authentic, and share my hopes for the book and for anyone reading it.
Things I talk about in this episode:
- A reading of one of the sections in Hashtag Authentic – Our Visual Culture
- Why I ended up working directly with a publisher without an agent – and why I’ll do it differently next time
- What happened when my publisher retired mid-way through the process
- How self doubt showed up for me during the writing process, and how I (re)learned to advocate for myself
- What the book’s about, and digging into the different chapters
- One of my fave photos I’ve ever taken
- How I’m publicising the book on social media
- Why any book around Instagram needs to tackle imagery, photography and editing
- My hopes for the book and its messages around Instagram and wider social media
Links mentioned in this episode:
Want to get an email reminder when a new episode is up? Just pop your email address in the box below.