“I took the Insta Retreat several months ago, and since then have grown my following from about 600 to over 10k”
The Insta Retreat
Is it really still possible to grow an audience on Instagram in 2021? Without having to start dancing on Reels?
(Plus VAT where applicable)
If you’re struggling with Insta-overwhelm in your creative or business life, you’re most definitely not alone. The stakes feel so high, and without the right content and strategy, the rewards can be so low.
How are other people doing this? What do they know that you don’t? How are they making it work?
The truth is that there isn’t just one magic trick – which is why I’ve put together a whole brilliant box of them. Advice, ideas and insights that you won’t find elsewhere because they are my own, tried-and-tested, gleaned from years of practice, analysis, study, experience and growth. This course is what you really need to know about Instagram, with all the noise of the rest of the internet filtered out. It’s all that wish someone had told me at the beginning, to take the years of struggle away.
It doesn’t have to be a struggle, and you don't have to do it alone.
Whether you’re an artist, maker, service or product-based business owner, The Insta Retreat will guide you, step by step, to crafting an engaging, popular and profitable account that represents all that you have to offer. There are no one-size-fits-all cheap strategies here: we’ll be using your voice and your style to find the people who care about what you do. The Insta Retreat will bring you clarity and direction, and help you take your creative dreams to the next level.
What you Get
• 6 weeks of carefully structured modules comprising over 50 individual lessons
• Weekly group application calls, where you can get 1:1 feedback and support from me, and the rest of the class
• Weekly group coaching calls, where you can get coached on your mindset blocks or concerns
• Bonus Guest Live session with Ida @toeverymom on creating for Tiktok and Reels
• Unlimited Q&A access, with answers directly from me and my experienced teaching assistants
• Private member’s only podcast covering all the course content and coaching calls
• Your own 90+ page digital workbook to print or complete online
• Structured tasks, assignments and exercises to help you craft your own unique Instagram strategy plan
• Lifetime access to our members-only community where you can join Insta-related challenges, discuss issues and connect with likeminded creative souls
• Access to all future coaching calls, and ongoing Q&A support during all future classes
• Placement in a small community support group via Instagram DMs – (think of it as our mini cheerleading squad who gets it, right there in the app)
• Continually updated, responsive, researched and tested content so that you’re always accessing the most up-to-date knowledge and strategies
• Lifetime access to all the course content, including all future update
• Bonus archive, including past guest Lives, additional video teaching, previous coaching calls and more
What You'll Learn
The Insta Retreat is designed to be the only Instagram resource you’ll ever need. It covers everything you’d expect from a premium rate Instagram course, plus…
• How to create an account that is irresistibly followable to your target audience
• A deep dive into what you want, who your work is for, and how to make it all happen
• Support to hone a visual style that feels authentic and exciting to you
• Fast-acting guidance to start taking the photos of your dreams, right now, with whatever equipment you have
• The secrets to creating viral posts for rocket-powered growth
• How to future-proof your account and build something truly sustainable and authentic• How to use your analytics and results to inform your plans and growth
• How to convert your Instagram audience into blog readers, mailing list subscribers and/or customers (and why this matters for you!)
• All the science behind Instagram’s algorithms, and how to work with them instead of against
• The apps, tips, insights and tricks that I could not have built my Instagram without
• Know when to use Reels, Stories, Live and IGTV – and do so in ways that feel organic and easy for you
• How to set up a workflow to do all of this in as little as 20 minutes a day
When does this class start and finish?
Our next class will be on sale on Monday 20th September and will begin on Monday 4th October, running for 7 weeks (6 weeks of classes plus a ‘rest week’ midway). If you buy on the first day of presale, this means you have three weeks to get organised, get to know some of your classmates in the community and access some of the pre-course material.
Who is this course for?
This course was written based on my 1:1 client work with bloggers, small businesses, makers, photographers and artists. It’s specifically for anyone looking to grow an audience for a purpose on Instagram, and for people who want to overhaul their account and fix any problems they’ve hit along the way. If you’re not interested in strategy and prefer to focus on your creative Instagram output, you might find my other classes, Bloom & Grow and Gloom & Glow a better place to start.
I’m brand new to using Instagram. Can I still take this course?
Absolutely. If you like to plan ahead and do things with clarity, then taking this course first is a great way to arm yourself in advance. You’ll be required to complete certain tasks on Instagram as you go along, so you’ll need an account set up and ready to begin at the start of the course.
I’ve been using Instagram for a while already. Will I still learn from this course?
Yep! I’ve worked with a wide range of clients from beginners to Instagram pros, and I’ve found we are all always learning. I’m sharing insight and ideas I’ve developed through years of professional Instagramming, and I’m confident there’ll be content you’ve never considered or heard about before. The earlier modules might cover ground you’re already confident with, but it’s a great opportunity to solidify and take stock before concentrating on growth in the later lessons. Even having written this myself, I still find myself coming away with new reflections and improvements to my own work each time I run this course!
Can I pay in instalments?
Yes! All members have the option to spread the cost of the programme across two or three months. Just click the button below and choose your option from the pop-up box and check out using your preferred payment method. If you’re eligible to pay VAT (UK customers only), it will be added to each payment individually to spread this cost too.
Why do I have to pay VAT on top of the price? This is dependent on where you’re located – if you live in the UK, VAT will automatically be added to your total when you check out. This is due to UK rules about digital products – please see here for more information. It sucks, I know!
The Guest Experts
Hi, I’m Sara, and I’m one of the UK’s leading Instagram experts. I’ve been coaching creative people just like you in Instagram and online magic for over seven years and helped thousands of clients grow followings, launch successful online businesses and make their creative dreams come true.
I’m a photographer and creative with an (overly)analytical mind and a love for all forms of communication. I’m passionate about the internet as a gateway to human connection: that’s how I grew my Instagram following past 200k, built a blog readership of over 45k a month and was able to quit my job to follow my dreams full time. I’ve been featured by Stylist magazine, The Guardian, The Independent, Buzzfeed, BBC Radio and more, as well as talking about Instagram and social media for creatives at events and conferences around the world. My podcast, Hashtag Authentic, sits firmly in the iTunes top 30 business chart, featuring high profile guests and expert advice for creative business owners.
Whenever you work with me you will learn not only the how but also the why. We’ll focus as much on the creative process and producing beautiful, emotive, expressive content as any snazzy tips and tricks. Because I believe it takes both of these things – it takes your heart and your mind. That’s when the magic really starts to unfold, and dreams can start to come true for you.
Click on an image to view the options then select your chosen plan on the pop-up box and check out.
BUILDING A STRONG FOUNDATION
First impressions count - it’s as true on Instagram as anywhere else. So, we’ll really be digging into the look and feel of our accounts
THE ESSENTIALS OF INSTAGRAM VISUALS
This week, our focus is on the visual elements of our content. Unlike Facebook, Twitter and other social platforms, the primary language here is always imagery.
STRIPPING OUT THE STRUGGLE
This week we'll look at the amazing power of phone apps and software available, which will make creating, planning, improving and sharing your Instagram content so much easier and more fun.
CRAFTING INVALUABLE CONNECTIONS
This week we’re getting really specific about who we want to reach. Knowing this is the first step to helping Instagram’s systems and algorithms recommend you appropriately, so that you can begin to create organic growth.
This week it’s time to start broadening our reach. We can start to experiment and play with the Instagram system to maximise our posts’ visibility and make the most of our work. We'll also look at routines and reducing wasted time and energy.
CONTINUED GROWTH & SUSTAINABILITY
In this final module, we’ll pull all the threads of the past five weeks’ content together to tie everything together in a nice, pretty, Instagrammable bow!