I know, I know – it’s mid-September. I got a little distracted. Here’s what with:
1. New social media profile pic, for the first time in years. Always find I prefer it when you can’t see my face too much. Do you think that’s a disadvantage when making connections online?
2. This series of sponsored posts for Citroen has challenged me as a photographer – making something as everyday as a car work within my own style and message, and keeping up with the weekly tasks set by the community. Lots of learning, and some shots, like the one above, that I really like.
3. I taught an iPhoneography workshop as part of the Shutterhub Open in Cambridge. Read a really thorough write-up from an attendee, here.
4. Sunrise over London with LiptonUK. Worth getting up at 5am for!
5. This time in London I took Orla and Rory along. She wanted to stop & photograph everything, & announced she would “like to live in a hotel”. That’s my girl ?.
6. WE GOT MARRIED – & you’ve no idea how hard it is to blog about *anything* else right now. More on that very soon, but there are a few teasers around and about under #meandorlaswedding ?
Posts you might have missed
An ode to the small things in life (like glittery stars on toddler toes!)
The hells of a trip to the hairdressers – and why we all hate it so much
In my sidebar this month
The little book for Brides became my essential reference guide over the last month of planning and arranging for the wedding. From bridesmaid dresses to caterers, they describe themselves as “a curated collection of splendid, hard working and brilliant wedding suppliers” – and that’s exactly what I love!
The Future Kept are so beloved by me & R that we handed out vouchers to their store as thank-yous to our wedding team. If it were me, I’d be spending it on the gorgeous collection of hand carved kitchenware that just landed from Forest and Found. Or, y’know, absolutely everything.
Alison Moore’s colourful jewellery is all handmade on Orkney, off the Northernmost coast of Scotland. Her entire store is worth getting lost in, but my biggest fave right now might be the ‘entwined beginnings’ ring, shaped like twigs gently twisting together. In silver, gold and rose gold too, it’s a midsummer night’s dream!
It’s Autumn! It’s Autumn, and Hilary Grant’s e-shop is filling up with toasty winter woolies to keep off the encroaching chill. I’m already coveting a pair of Loki Mittens & matching headband for the colder months – it’ll be dark nights and cold starts before we know it!
Hope you’ve had a wonderful August (and uh, beginning of September!). Hook me up to links of what you’ve been up to so I can catch up on what I’ve missed!
PS – after an unintended hiatus over the summer, my Instagram hashtag email will be making it’s return this week. Sign up below, or in any of the email signup boxes you see around here, to get it in your inbox by Wednesday! ?