It occurs to me as I write this that almost of half of my adventures month happened in London. I’ve been up and down so often that I’m almost developing a cockney accent, & I’m not done yet! How about some blogger events up North soon, world?
Have you come across the Instagram #mystory project? Launched in 2015, the #MyStory initiative focused on women using the platform who share pictures & images telling their stories, pushing boundaries and challenging stereotypes. This month hosted a short pop-up exhibition of some of the UK’s most inspiring ‘grammers, and I was lucky enough to attend the launch with Freya.
Oh, no big deal. Just Mark ACTUAL Hamill and Ray LEGENDARY Davies sitting about 2m away from me, being awesome to raise money for homeless charities. I laughed; I cried; I ran out halfway through to the toilets to do an overexcited wee. It might have been one of the funnest nights of my whole life.
Boden press days are the shit. I mean seriously, they’re in a league of their own – a party, a fashion show, a feast, a brilliantly creative installation. Don’t be deceived: most press events are not nearly so fun. As ever, the sneak-peak for their early Autumn/Winter range did not disappoint with rose-gold sequins, supersoft blankets, sparkling shoes and their 2nd collection of Christmas homewares. There was also a table heaped high with Christmas food. I don’t know who ate all the cheese straws but I bet she’s just lovely. ?
I joined this year’s conference to run a session on phone photography and visual storytelling, with a heap of beautiful props on loan from the kind folks at West Elm. I’ve spoken at blogging events before, but this time I was totally blown away; everything from the (other) speakers to the venue to the gorgeous afternoon cakes was awesome, and we were all so well looked after. I highly recommend joining the mailing list for next year’s, here.
Then I decided I didn’t like my fringe, hacked into it some more myself and completely ruined it. WHY AM I LIKE THIS? ? Can I go back to the hairdressers and ask for just more fringe?? Please help!
In my sidebar this month
- Object Style, whose new womenswear range has me madly in lust. All the linens! ? I need them all!
- The Future Kept, with their new seed mixtures in heartstoppingly beautiful packaging. Into the Night is already in my shopping basket!
- Nikki Stark jewellery, whose photo reminds me daily that we really must buy wedding rings before August comes around! Her collection is minimal, simple and perfect.
I’ve done a lousy job of self-promotion this month, so for those with time for a catch up…
- A guide to European travel with a mini human in tow…
- What I learned from creating a random and slightly viral photo series
- A video tutorial for editing photos on your smartphone
- Beauty products that actually do what they promise
- Those days when being a mama is kind of… dull
- A visit to a rewilding reserve in Sussex, + a vlog
- My rules for a happy and healthy kitchen
- My newest creative obsession – ‘living photos’
Hope your June has been sunny and fun! Share your links below so I can catch up on how summer’s been treating you all! x