What do you mean it’s April?! Somehow, despite acknowledging April fools day & escaping unscathed, it still didn’t register that this meant March was entirely over. Better hurry up and write this post! (Click the pictures above for full size)
ONE. Every year our little village enters (and wins) a ‘village in bloom’ competition – usually despite our total lack of participation. This year we decided to make a bit of an effort, and Orla’s found a new favourite word in the process – ‘compost’, annunciated clearly and regularly at any given opportunity.
TWO. We spent Easter weekend with our friends Helen & Gerry up on the Northumberland coast. They’re our favourite people to visit, not least because of the of bread, pork products, laughter & beaches. Helen has a beautiful Instagram you should follow, here.
THREE. Whilst there, I dragged all of us – four adults, two children, two dogs, one cardboard Jedi – out to Holy Island for an incredibly blustery #meandLuke photoshoot. I then proceeded to spend the entire duration terrified I was making everyone hate me with my harebrained ideas and whimsical fuckery, because that’s just how I roll. The dogs and I got nettle stings, everyone got cold, but then we all got cake in the cafe and so it ended ok. Plus it’s a brilliant picture, no? Possibly my finest ever, & therefore totally worth it ?.
FOUR. I nipped over to Manchester last week for the opening of the new Radley store in the Arndale centre, and came home with a goodie bag of delights including this pretty spring posy. They asked me to choose a favourite bag and I nearly went into meltdown – ‘ALL of them’, was the answer, ‘but especially these sixteen or so…’ ?
FIVE. Right before Berwick was my London trip, which I mentioned briefly here. After the madness of the workshops I got to spend a rare day off with Emma from Silver Pebble & Sara from Blonde & Bounder, wandering, photographing & enjoying Pizza & gin in the sun. More please!
SIX. A morning’s tea & cake with Humphrey & Grace (Nee Julia Beside the Sea) when she was nearby visiting family. We talked Instagram, Chewbacca, potty training and blogs, and the time went entirely too quickly for my liking. Ain’t that the way?
in my sidebar
- Pictured above, Wildflower Illustration’s year’s worth of cards is the answer to all my disorganised, last-minute anxiety dreams. They’re cleverly divided up into seasons for the year, with special occasions like mother’s day included, all with Rebecca’s whimsical hand-drawn illustrations..
- The Future Kept’s new collaboration with Jono Smart is life. Like I just can’t even. The fact that they’re three of my fave internet people too only makes it more joyful & sweet.
- A big hello to new sponsor Linen & Stripes, UK makers of 100% handmade cushions in simple, natural fabrics. My fave are the beige & white stripes & the vintage grain sack design.
- Why don’t I have Object Style’s new concrete table lamp? Anyone?
- At No. 67’s Pure Nature stool is on my permanent wish list. I love it’s wibbliness.