“A lot of us have some sort of sinking, subtle awareness that we’re playing small – even if we don’t know exactly what we mean by that. We have this feeling – I’m hiding, I’m holding back, I’m not using my gifts, I’m not really trusting my ideas.”
Tara Mohr is a columnist, coach, writer and speaker who helps women live to their full potential and find their own personal fulfilment. Her book, Playing Big was recommended to me by Jen Carrington, and I was so inspired by its wisdom, wit and uncommon common sense that I immediately knew you all needed to hear from her too.
Things we talk about in this episode:
- Why we play small and hold ourselves back
- The different pressures faced by men and women when it comes to playing big
- Why our fear of criticism and being disliked is hard-wired into us as women, and how to be ok with it
- How the language we use can surreptitiously undermine our worth, and how to make changes to that
- How to get in touch with your Inner Mentor to help you shape the life you want
- Why creativity, beauty and the arts are often regarded as ‘less important’ in our society
- and oh so much more!
Links and resources we mentioned:
- Playing Big on Amazon, Audible and iBooks.
- Tara’s email checklist for using less diminishing language
- Tara’s visualisation exercise for finding your Inner Mentor
- Tara’s courses and classes
- Tara’s upcoming Facilitator’s training
- The Chalice and the Blade, the book Tara mentioned recently re-reading
- The Insta Retreat, my online program for Instagram enrolling next week.
Want to talk about this episode? I can’t wait to hear your thoughts below, or over on Twitter and Instagram, where you can use the tag #HashtagAuthenticPodcast. Come by and tell me and Tara about your inner mentor visualisations, and your own experiences of the topics we discussed.
You can also leave a review for the podcast over on iTunes (even if you usually listen elsewhere), which helps other creatives discover the show, and send this episode to anyone you think would enjoy it using the links to the bottom right, below.
Thanks for listening! x
Get podcast notifications
Want to get an email reminder when a new episode is up? Just pop your email address in the box below.