“Creativity and clarity comes up much easier when you’re not trying to do it.”
My guest’s voice might be familiar to some of you. Andrew Johnson has built an empire of apps, combining his background as a clinical hypnotherapist with his love of tech and self-proclaimed “Apple fanboy” interests. His soft Scottish accent has been a staple on my iPhone for a number of years now, guiding me through meditations on topics such as anxiety, relaxation, sleep problems and negative thinking.
He’s an expert both in his work of meditation and in building an online business, and I was really interested to find out how these two seemingly opposite things might intersect for him. I called him up to talk both about the fascinating model of an app-based business, and about how meditation and mindfulness can help us all be more productive and creative in our own work.
Andrew’s Twitter|website| Instagram |Facebook Andrew’s apps on the app store |on google play store
If you’d like to try Holistrio, you can use code MEANDORLA to get 30% off for the lifetime of your membership here. (Sign up for the discounted subscription on the website, then download the app to log in).
Things we talk about in this episode:
- Building an app-based business
- Using Facebook Live (and Instagram Live) in unconventional ways
- The importance of finding time for daydreaming and rumination
- Forming habits through repetition
- The impact of mindfulness and meditation on our creative output
- The benefits of meditation – physical relaxation, quietening the mind and tuning into our inner voice.
- Raising mindful and relaxed children
- Giving your mind the time to create answers
Links we mention:
- Holistrio– Andrew’s new, all-in-one meditation app. If you’d like to try Holistrio, you can use code MEANDORLA to get 30% off for the lifetime of your membership here. (Sign up for the discounted subscription on the website, then download the app to log in).
- My upcoming episode with Kate Courageous (link next week!)