“Instagram was something I used to escape the noise of everyday life.”
I first met Julia of Humphrey & Grace (nee @JuliaBesideTheSea) at a rooftop party on London hosted by Instagram. We’ve followed one another for years – four of them, to be exact – and I’ve seen her account grow from its early days to the massive 200k following she enjoys today. We caught up for a natter, and our chat covers changing your instagram username, dealing with imitation and copying, the dreaded algorithm, calling yourself a photographer and oh so much more.
Things we talked about
- Episode 10 with Sas Petherick
- Julia’s ‘old instagram’ blog post
- Julia’s calendar series
- My ‘learning from your mistakes‘ Instagram series: part 1 | part 2 | part 3
- My Bloom & Grow floral instagram course
- The Insta Retreat (my course getting a 2.0)
Get podcast notifications
Want an email reminder when a new episode is up? Just pop your email address in the box below.