Wait, does this mean it’s nearly November? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised as I’m writing this next to the fire, lamp already switched on at 3:55pm, evening fog descending outside. They keep saying it’s going to be a ‘really bad winter’, which actually means a brilliant winter in my book. Sledge & mittens at the ready!
Here’s our October in pictures.
1// If we’re friends on Instagram you might have seen that one weekend this month we were visited by the lovely Yanina for OpenHouse Magazine, who stayed in our open space. It won’t be appearing for a while yet, but I’ll keep you posted!
2// Finally got around to upgrading my iPhone to a 6s. Adjusting to the camera differences, especially on IG where I try to stick to iPhone only. Got it in rose gold though! <3
3// This month I launched my new Instagram mentoring service for creatives, bloggers and small businesses looking to develop their visual identity and photography for social media. The response has been so exciting and I’m now fully booked up until the end of the year with lots of exciting & brilliant people. I’m still figuring out what my long term plan is, but if you’d like to work together I’m taking bookings for early 2016 now.
4// Nadia from Nadinoo came to stay in our open space this month too, and sent me a couple of dream dresses in exchange. Is it me or are big pinafores with pockets just the best thing to wear? Add clogs, a long sleeved wool t-shirt and a pair pf wooly tights and that’s my winter wardrobe sorted.
5// dutch baby – from this recipe here.
6// Finally mastered the wood burner.
SOME FAVES FROM MY SIDEBAR SPONSORS THIS MONTH:
- This traditional wrapping set from Alfie’s Studio – just add evergreen for all your Pinterest giftwrap aspirations made real!
- A delicate pink scarf from Emoi Emoi in rosewood wool – a lovely soft alternative to chunky knits for the autumn chill.
- Welcome to new sponsor Hilary Grant, creator of gorgeous luxury knitwear from the Scottish Borders. I’m currently coveting this knitted headband to keep my ears covered – so much more stylish than fluffy ear muffs, no?
- Oh good Lord, somebody get me this spotty leather clutch from Object Style, stat. Santa, are you reading?
- The London Gifting Studio’s mini box for a writer makes such a lovely gift – not included, but definitely implied, is the belief that the sender thinks the recipient can write something brilliant, don’t you think?
I hope you’ve had a brilliant October. Does anyone have plans for Hallowe’en? I’d love to hear what you’re up to.